Selectivity writing (June'15)

Hi Guys,


Today I’m going to talk about love-locks and how my perspective of this objects has changed all
over the years.


On one of my first trips with Clive, we went one night to the Pont des Arts and while we were
walking, we saw many couples attaching padlocks on the bridge.
We thought that it was a really cute idea, so we decided to buy one love-lock and attache like
the others. Also we threw the key into the Sienne’s river to symbolize our eternal love.


We left Paris without knowing the impact that our love-lock would have in the future for the
preservation of the cultural heritage. These objects have distorted the image of many of the
most important monuments around the world like: The Eiffel Tower.


When I was in Paris, I didn’t think about these facts because I had a really selfish attitude,
just thinking about myself. Nowadays, I support the No love-locks campaign because I believe
that it is the responsibility of all of us, to respect the historic areas when we travel.


I’m pretty sure that most of you have done this at least once, everyone can make a mistake, the
important thing is to realize and change it.

Thanks guys for reading me and see you next week!

Paris 'love locks' raise thousands at auction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sele June'18 (S.1) Writing 2

Sele Set'18 Writing 2